Are you planning on writing a letter to your fiancé for your wedding day? Not sure what to write? Not sure if you even want to write one? I'd love to help. I'm giving away my top 5 tips for writing that will help you both have your words on paper in no time.
I encourage my MPV couples to write letters to each other, especially if they are not having custom vows. This gives you a chance to put in your own words how your future Mr. or Mrs. makes you feel & how excited you are to start this new adventure with them.
It is also the best soundtrack for your wedding film! I love using these sweet words couples write to each other as the basis of their film, as it further personalizes it. What better way to remember the emotions and feelings you had than to hear them as you read the letter you wrote or received?
Maybe you're nervous about writing a letter because you feel like you don't have the "right" words to say. Let me tell you, the right words are whatever you want to say to your person!
You don't have to be a creative writing expert or poet to write a great letter.
Here's some ideas of what you can write:⠀
1) Let them know how you felt the first time you two met, and how you feel about them today.⠀Bonus points if you can remember specific details you hadn’t mentioned before!
2) Thank them for what they've done for you, and remind them that you'll always be there for them.⠀Is this person the first one you think of as soon as something fun or fantastic happens? Can you always count on their shoulder in times of need? Let them know!
3) Ease any fears they may have about the wedding day..as Carrie Bradshaw & Mr. Big once said..I"t's just you & me, baby!”⠀This will totally build up the fun anticipation they have to see you. Feel free to mention how excited you are about the honeymoon as well.. ;)
4) Tell them the thing you are most looking forward to about being married to them, that will make their day & make it that much sweeter when you two finally see each other and it becomes real.⠀
5) Write a short prayer for them, for you both...welcoming Christ into your marriage before it even begins. You can't go wrong with that. If you aren’t religious, write out your wishes for you two, for your future. ⠀
See? That wasn't so hard! One last thing I'd encourage you to do is write out your note before the wedding day, then write a final draft first thing that morning. That way you can make sure they get it as they're getting ready and have plenty of time to read it.
Happy writing, y'all!!⠀
Megan Pettus, with MPV, loves sharing all of the pretty things with you.